Northeast Region - Special Election
A special election will be held this November to replace Paul Flannigan as the regional vice-president.
Why the special election? - Paul recently was re-elected to serve as the regional vice-president for the 2018-20 cycle. However, at the Spring executive board meeting he was elected by the board to the position of President-Elect of the society. An executive committee member cannot hold two positions, therefore a special election will be held to fill the regional vice-president role.
Requirements to run for the office of Regional Vice President:
- Must be a National Member in good standing;
- Hold certification through NICET or one of the recognized certifying bodies;
- Be able to travel throughout the region to visit existing local chapters; establish or generate interest in forming chapters
- Attend the Spring executive committee meeting (ExComm)in early May and Fall ExComm meeting and Annual Conference and Expo (ACE) in early December;
- Be available for conference/video conference calls as determined by the president or chairman of the board.
The position is for a two-year term beginning January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2019.
Duties of the Regional Vice President (not all inclusive)
- Prepare regional reports for inclusion for the ExComm agendas;
- Assist in committees as requested;
- Encourage and assist technicians in the region to become members of ASCET;
- Promote certification;
- Promote chapter development within the region;
- Accept speaking engagements to promote the society;
- Keep regional members informed through emails, webpages or other correspondence;
- Travel throughout the region to visit chapters, encourage membership and assist where needed.
All travel and meals associated with ASCET related travel will be reimbursed by the society.
Special Election Schedule
- September 16th - Call for Candidates (Candidate submittal packet and resume can now be accepted)
- October 13th - Close of nominations
- October 15th - Candidate information to be posted on website. Regional members to be notified by email and in the Informer of the candidate list.
- December 1st - Voting for the regional vice president position opens.
- December 8th - Voting closes
- December 15th - Winner announced on website, by email and in the next issue of the Informer
- January 1st - Winner officially assumes the regional vice president position.
If interested in running for the position of regional vice president, click the link below.