2019 REgional vice president elections -
Central Region, North Central Region, Western Region, Pacific Northwest Region
The Nominating committee will soon be canvasing the regions looking for candidates for the 2019 - 2021 cycle. Members in good standing of these regions are eligible to run for office.
Requirements to run for the office of Regional Vice President:
- Must be a National Member in good standing;
- Hold certification through NICET or one of the recognized certifying bodies;
- Be able to travel throughout the region to visit existing local chapters; establish or generate interest in forming chapters
- Attend the Spring executive committee meeting (ExComm)in early May and Fall ExComm meeting and Annual Conference and Expo (ACE) in early November;
- Be available for conference/video conference calls as determined by the president or chairman of the board.
The position is for a two-year term beginning January 1, 2019 through December 31, 2021.
Duties of the Regional Vice President (not all inclusive)
- Prepare regional reports for inclusion for the ExComm agendas;
- Assist in committees as requested;
- Encourage and assist technicians in the region to become members of ASCET;
- Promote certification;
- Promote chapter development within the region;
- Accept speaking engagements to promote the society;
- Keep regional members informed through emails, webpages or other correspondence;
- Travel throughout the region to visit chapters, encourage membership and assist where needed.
All travel and meals associated with ASCET related travel will be reimbursed by the society.
NOMINATION AND Election Schedule
May - June - Nominating committee for the upcoming regional vice president elections to canvass the regions in search of viable candidates.
July 8 - Send out Call for Candidates notice to each election region via email blast. Post Call for Candidates in the next issue of the Informer. Post Call for Candidate information on the website.
July 15 - Open up nomination submittal process.
August 5 - Close nomination submittal process.
August 12 - Post nominee’s on website and in the next available Informer.
September 9 - Open Voting
September 16 - Close Voting
September 23 - Announce Winner
October - Winner(s) to book flight within 21 days of conference
November Annual Convention and Expo - Winner(s) sworn in at conference and assume position at close of business.
If interested in running for the position of regional vice president, click the link below.